It was good to hear from you all today. When I first found out that you are all having a lot of rain I got really happy because now you can feel a little bit about what I have been feeling for the past 9 months. haha I am sure that you are all enjoying it and I hope that you know that I was praying for you guys to get moisture, but it is not my fault that you are getting that much. I can just imagine all of the joy that is coming from all the farmers right now. I hope that you will be able to spend a little time outside here in a couple of weeks, but if it is truly English rain then you will probably be stuck in the house for a little longer.
It sounds like the whole family is getting really excited for school to be out. I am sure that everyone is struggling to get up in the morning and go to school every day at this time of year. I remember when I was a little boy and had to do that, but now that I am a man I don't have to do that stuff anymore. haha It sounds like there are some interesting things that are going to be happening with the family coming up soon. It sounds like everyone is doing well and I am excited for all of the cool things that are going to be happening. You will have to wish everyone good luck for me.
I will answer your questions right here.
1. Q: How did your family history booth go? A: We actually didn't do it this week because the weather was horrible and we had stake conference so that took a lot of time.
2. Q: How has the discussion’s been going with M****? A: The discussions have been going pretty well with M***. He is still really trying hard to get work off on Sundays, but I am sure that he is will get it soon. Other than that it is going really well.
3. Comment: Son I’m really happy that you think I’m your Mum is a goofball because I said “Welch not Welsh” when we skyped you on Mother’s Day! I’m glad I can still make you laugh. Elder Peterson’s Comment: No comment
4. Q: What’s your weather been like? A: It hasn't rained a whole lot lately it has just been really cloudy and windy. It did pour this morning though. We did have about 3 days of nice blue skies and no rain and that was definitely really nice.
5. Any Ipads yet? hehehe I know that’s a touchy subject so I Just had to ask. A: No but guess what. They are at the mission home right now. They just arrived today so that means they are even closer. They are actually in the UK now. Apparently the order got backed up so that is why they are late.
6. Q: How are you and your companion doing? A: We are doing really great. We are having a lot of fun together and are getting a long really well. It is a lot of fun serving with Elder Devitt and I am really going to miss him when I leave.
7. Q: Do you do activities with the youth? A: A couple of pdays ago we went to the church house with the other Elders and we had a ping pong tournament. It was pretty fun even though I am not good at ping pong. I guess I will just stick to football.
8. Q: Did you have a tender mercy last week? A: Oh did we have a tender mercy alright. We got back in contact with R***** and we were also able to teach her this past week. She is going to visit her boyfriend in California on the 7 of June and at first she wanted to get baptized before she went so that would be this weekend but then the family got in contact with her and said that they wanted to interview her when she goes over and then she can get baptized. We will hopefully get everything figured out and I am sure that it will all work out. The miracle is though that we were able to get back in contact with her and that she still wants to get baptized.
Well I hope that you are happy because I answered all of your questions and I didn't even leave any of them out. Well before I let you go I would like to share another quote with you guys. I hope that you are not getting sick of them because I am really enjoying sharing them with you. If you guys would like me to find something else or if you have any ideas of anything that you would like me to share with you so that I can help you or someone else let me know.
This week I would like to share a quote that I heard during Stake Conference this past weekend.
"He paid a debt that He didn't owe because we owed a debt that we could pay."
I noticed that a lot of the conference was focused on the Atonement and I really liked that quote the most. When I think of the atonement I like to think of it in the way of owing a debt it just helps me to understand it better. I have noticed as a missionary that one of the most important things that we can come to understand and to help others to understand is that of the atonement and the power that it has to change others’ lives. I have really grown to understand the atonement a lot more since I have been out and I am so grateful for the price that the Savior did pay for each and every one of us because we weren't able to pay it.
Well I hope that you all have a great week and thanks for all of the great support and encouragement. I hope that you all enjoy the nice weather that you are having and I hope you have a great week.
Elder Peterson (The Man the Myth and the Legend as dad would say)